We’re feeling the crisp fall air here in Tennessee and all I can think about is pumpkin pie, boot season and mums on the porch. Just like summer, I’m working on a fall bucket list of activities for our little crew. This time last year I was 4 weeks postpartum, so the only bucket list I had was to get to the grocery store and back in one piece with a newborn!
These are all family-friendly fall activities that I would give a shot with my one-year-old. Granted, there are some mom-specific ones in there…let’s just call that naptime goals.
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Check out a local fall festival
- Go to a high school football game – before it gets too cold!
- Take a walk or drive to admire the leaves (little M would probably prefer the walk)
- Bake some apple or pumpkin muffins – babies and toddlers may not be good baking companions, but they love to be taste testers
- Visit a petting zoo or farm
- Paint or carve pumpkins to decorate your porch with mums
- Make chili or taco soup
- Rake leaves and play in them
- Host a football party to cheer on your favorite team
- Drink apple cider
- Go to a corn maze
- Try a new crockpot recipe
- Build a bonfire and make smores
- Take advantage of the beautiful fall backdrop and have a family fall photo shoot
That’s a big list! We won’t have enough weekends to fit all the corn mazes, farms, and events in due to some work travel I have, but we’ll shoot for at least one! After a hot summer, it’s a great time of year to enjoy the outdoors before it gets freezing cold.
Happy Fall y’all!